July 26, 2012

Whatcha Find Wednesday

    So last week I decided to hold something back in order to share it with you this week. I couldn't help but to give everyone a quick glimpse of what we found on our facebook page. Can you guess what it was? If not, feast your eyes on these puppies.

We found a few old dining chairs.


As I was driving I saw someone had put these out for trash, as usual. Probably because the seat cushions weren't in very good condition. They were a little wet and crusty looking. That ended up being a quick fix. All I had to do was remove a few screws on the underside and the cushions popped right off.



Then we had to decide what we wanted to with these chairs. We could either re-upholster the chairs and use them as additional chairs around the house, we could disassemble them and fabricate something for a whole other purpose, or figure something out.
We started thinking and as the gears began ticking we decided to make a sitting bench for our pond project.
We grabbed a couple 2x6 treated boards and slapped those suckers down and used a few screws to hold them in place. Then I used an 80 grit sand paper to sand down the edges creating a smooth surface for the seat.


Here is where I would like your opinion. I had the idea of possibly sanding this down, painting it, and giving it a primitive country look. Lenny would like to put a couple coats of polyurethane and maintain a natural look

So what are your thoughts?

Here is the quick glimpse I shared earlier as a natural look next to our pond.


Your opinions are greatly appreciated and we want to hear what you have to say so fee free to comment.

I hope everyone has a gret week and happy hunting.

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to leave a comment or e-mail us at thehomesteadjones@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment