October 24, 2012

Whatcha Find Wednesday

Well hello there! I know it's been a couple weeks again. I will be the first to tell you I'm a terrible multi-tasker. When I get focused on something I give it my all and tend to let other things slide. Including keeping you all updated with our "weekly" Whatcha Find Wednesday. My latest obsession has been building our rabbitry. Between doing a ton of research, re-evaluating our current hutch system to make modifications, culling our first rabbit, mixed along with regular work hours, and fall festivities life has been a bit hectic to say the least.

This week for you we have:

 
The surprise of Ziploc's failed production. A sandwich and a half baggie. I went to pull this sucker out to put away some fur our doe Pepper had pulled for her first litter (sad to say they didn't make it) to assist with future litters.
 
Next:

 
Me learning how to skin a rabbit. It was a little tough because it was an older rabbit but not to hateful. It was definitely a learning experience that will help me get better over time. You have to start somewhere. I'm glad Lenny was around to give me some pointers and help out a little. I was surprised in how well I handled this one. When you put your mind to it anything is possible, even if it takes a week to work yourself into completing the task at hand.
 
I hope everyone is having a great week and I will try to get on the ball and do a better job at updating more often. Till next time I will see you on the flip flop.
 
For any questions or suggestions feel free to comment or e-mail us at thehomesteadjones@yahoo.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment