September 12, 2012

Whatcha Find Wednesday

Well the past couple weeks have come and gone like a whisper in the wind. I was hoping to post a lot last week, but things were so crazy I even forgot to post our weekly Whatcha Find Wednesday. A few things I have found these past couple weeks aren't so much as items, but wisdom acquired that will stay with me for the rest of my life. Some of those include:

  • Hard work sure makes time fly....Especially when splitting and stacking wood. Also, it's easier to work as a team than alone. This would have taken a lot longer to complete if we were working one without the other.



  • Children grow fast and life is short....enjoy it while it lasts. While doing some fall cleaning we uncovered a bunch of old pictures of Gracye and memorabilia of when she was just a baby. I can't believe she is no longer my little bundle of joy. She is getting to be as tall as I am and very hard to carry to bed. I have Wyatt, our 1 1/2 year old, running around..but I still can't believe how fast they are growing.

  • Just because you don't see guy parts on a rabbit doesn't mean it's a girl....We thought Spot was a boy, but when we checked him out we didn't see anything.  We put him in the same enclosure as Pepper (a female Californian we brought home this past weekend) thinking that we were wrong and he was actually a she. Well, within a couple minutes he found her and was going to town. He was definately a he and NOT a she.
 
Spot
 
 
Pepper and Jack
  • It's not a good idea to purchase lumber after a hurricane unless you absolutely need to. Last week, when Lenny and I went to pick some up to construct the new bunny hutch and run, we found that the prices had more than doubled! We decided to hold off and wait for the prices to drop back down. Food for thought, lumber is a great commodity because there will ALWAYS be a demand.
  •  
  • Finally, There is no place like home. Going to work everyday, I miss a lot. Being able to spend quality time with our family, work hard to make the homestead more sustainable, and have the time to chat with our neighbors has made this staycation one of the best vacations I have ever had. No getting up early to hit the road, stay in an unfamiliar place, and have a good time cut short because you have to get back on the road home.
 
I hope everyone is having a great week and happy hunting. Till next time, I'll see you on the flip flop.
 
 
For any questions or suggestions feel free to leave a comment or e-mail us at thehomesteadjones@yahoo.com.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment