April 25, 2012

Whatcha Find Wednesday

What a gloomy week. It was cooler over the weekend and now we have rain this evening. Not very motivating. I was able to muster up a little energy to work on the rabbit hutch even though my poor fingers felt like they were going to fall off because they were so cold. I guess that's Ohio for ya, 45 degrees one day and 67 degrees the next. We've even had to bring in a few of our plants and cover others due to the threat of frost.


I apologize, I know my camera takes terrible pictures so underneath I have a picture I found online to show you with better clarity.

Just the other day when I stepped out to purchase some milk, I was finagling with my change trying to use up as much junk change as possible to lighten up my purse when I found a 1964 silver dime. I always check my coins to see if I have any silver coins or 1982 and older copper pennies because they are worth more than face value. As of April 25, 2012 the current value of a 1946-1964 silver dime is $2.21999. Just about worth the gallon of milk I just purchased to put it into perspective. This is because  these coins are 90% silver and only 10% copper. A current 2012 dime is only worth $.0206 melt down value due to being 91.67% copper and 8.33% nickle. So next time you decide to use up some of your change keep in mind you might find one of these treasures you may not want to give up.


I hope everyone has a great week and don't let the weather get you down because summer is right around the corner and you never know what you will find to perk you right up.


For any questions or suggestions feel free to leave a comment or e-mail us at thehomesteadjones@yahoo.com. Also don't forget to send us your pictures and a brief description so you may be included in next weeks Whatcha Find Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment